Monday 12 November 2012

Omeletteless omurice

I wanted to do proper omurice but I made a bit too much of chicken sauce so I decided to avoid the omelette and simply add it to the steamed rice. Still yummy :9


I used this recipe by Cooking with dog. It's rather simple, as all Asian dishes you'll spend more time slicing and preparing all the ingredients than actually cooking. Anyway I summed up all the steps here.

Ingredients:
130g chicken
Salt & pepper
Garlic
1/4 onion
4 mushrooms
White wine
200g canned tomato (I used tomato puree)
1/2 bouillon cube
1 bay leaf
30g frozen peas
Olive Oil
"280g Steamed Rice Cooked with Less Water (0.617 lb)"



1. Finely chop the garlic and the onion.
2. Slice the mushrooms.
3. Slice the bullion cube thinly.
4. Dice the chicken.
5. Warm the oil in a pan and (6.) saute the onion + the garlic
7. Add the chicken in the pan and cook for few minutes, until it get coloured. 8. Add the mushrooms. 9. Add the white wine and let it evaporate.
10. Add the tomato 11. add the bouillon cube slice and mix well. 12. Add the bay leaf (this gives a great aroma)
13. Add the peas. 14. Adjust with salt and pepper. 15. Let cook for 10 minutes.

Serve with the boiled rice.



Tasty even without the eggs. I really love the aroma the bay leaf leaves in the sauce, very yummy.
Ok, enjoy and let me know about your results!

Linking up @:
+ + Mixitup + Skip To My Lou +
+ + Lil\'Luna + + The 36th AVENUE +
+ + KitchenFun +

No comments:

Post a Comment