Friday 22 June 2012

Oku to pasu

Hi to all my students fellow!
I can finally take a break from this crazy week, I'm kinda exhausted xD Anyway I just wanted to share a little something that put a silly smile on my face during these days (and believe me I needed it!).
So, I'm a fan of a FB page called "Giappone nel cuore" (means "Japan in the heart") and few days ago it posted this picture:



The captation (is in Italian, you can read a quick translation following) says:

"An octopus to pass exams ~ \ \ (^ o ^) / ~ / ~
One of the most used Japan's "rituals" in the proximity of an exam, consists in putting  the statuette of an octopus on the desk. This octopus can be a plushie, made of plastic or of different materials and it can be in different shapes and colours: it does not matter.
You've to know that in Japanese the word "octopuscan be said in two ways: "tako", using the native
word, or "octopus", as in English. The word "octopus" is transliterated in Katakana as "OKUTOPASU". This word can be read as a little phrase: dividing it, you obtain "OKU TO PASU( = if you put it down, you pass).
It's t
hanks to this "good luck formula" that the polyp was elected as the supreme luck charm of Saints Students and it's sold in the stores in all shapes and colours.
"


So, wanna see mine? 8D





I must say it kinda worked (I found the tests easier that the usual, but that'd be because I studied xD ),
but before cheering I'll wait for the marks, then I'll decide if I'd keep taking it with me xD
So any strange/cute good luck charms out there? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment